Want change? Generate noise

By D.R. WILLIAMS

In the United States, one can receive a million-dollar loan from one’s father, star in a crappy reality show, sexually harass women and then gain credibility for a presidential campaign.

Now that isn’t the typical American experience but, best-case scenario, you can be a real asshole and people will love you for it.

The more knives you strategically place in the back of anyone unwitting enough to turn, the better. If that means tax evasion, DO IT. More power to you.

This is the country of winners or losers, sink or swim, rich or poor. If you don’t like it, get out. America is the country where the top 20 percent get the pie. It’s too tasty to share because the other 80 percent are complainers who wouldn’t adapt and overcome.

We have a capitalistic society. Being a good person doesn’t pay the bills. Andrew Jackson on the 20 does.

Execute the rape, murder and eviction of native peoples and you could be glorified for 200 years. That’s reality.

Money talks in the USA. We love our millionaires more than our bleeding-heart activists and protestors, and no one apologizes for it.

The possibilities are endless. We have more potential and opportunities than anywhere else in the world. We’re bigger, faster and stronger, and we don’t stop.

Security is top priority. Our drones keep a constant lookout, making sure the people stay in line.

The working class holds the country together. If it wasn’t for their back-breaking work, we would be lost. Of course, that doesn’t mean we value them accordingly. That’s the beauty of it: have the largest, most skilled labor force and keep them at each other’s throats for the scraps the upper class leaves behind.

Accept our country for all its glory: the giant mansions on the sides of beautiful mountain ranges, the skyscrapers rising to the clouds, the breast implants, the gold jewelry and fancy cars.

This is what we’ve let America become. If you don’t care, just keep doing your thing. If you love this country enough to want change, speak up. The ones who make the most noise (good or bad) gain the most following.

Williams has 10 years until he’s eligible to run for presidential. Don’t hold your breath.

Filed Under: Opinion

Tags:

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Leave a Reply