Compiled by Mariana Ceja
PCC to host student town hall Oct. 7
Pima Community College students are invited to participate in a free town hall on Arizona’s economy Oct. 7 from 3-6:30 p.m. at Community Campus Room A109-112.
PCC will host a satellite broadcast of a statewide Future Leaders Town Hall on Arizona’s economy.
“This is a great opportunity for students to have a voice in crafting solutions to improve Arizona,” said Michael Peel, a PCC government relations advanced analyst.
Before the discussions, the forum will provide students with information on a variety of opportunities ranging from volunteer work to scholarships.
Register for the town hall at aztownhall.org/Future_Leaders_Town_Hall.
For additional information, email Peel at email@example.com or call 206-4844.
Barbecues will help military families
A Pima Community College employee association will host October barbecues to support military families during the holidays.
ACES, the Association of Classified Exempt Staff, will donate proceeds to a Tucson Chamber of Commerce committee that provides holiday food baskets and emergency requests to families stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
Pima employees have donated more than $40,000 in the past seven years. Campus representatives, listed below, are currently seeking volunteers and advance donations of barbecue supplies or cash.
Each barbecue runs from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Dates and locations include:
• Oct. 14: Downtown Campus (Kim Diezel, Marcia Wojsko)
• Oct. 16: Northwest Campus (Brian Miller, Ed Gallagher)
• Oct. 21: West Campus (Diane Miller)
• Oct. 22: Desert Vista Campus (Fernando Munguia, Donna Cohn)
• Oct. 23: Community Campus (Chelsea James, Dan Pinard)
• Oct. 24: Davis-Monthan (Dena Wakefield, Charlie McConnell)
• Oct. 29: East Campus (Karen Smith, Sara Hastings)
• Oct. 30: Aviation (Benetta Jackson)
• Oct. 31: District Office (Dena Wakefield, Leticia Anduaga)
For additional event information, call 206-4500.