Hall of Fame ceremony set for April 5
The Pima Community College Athletics Department will host a ceremony and dinner for its inaugural class of Hall of Fame inductees on April 5 at the West Campus gymnasium.
The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., with the ceremony to follow immediately after.
Individuals to be honored:
- Larry Toledo, first athletics director
- Horacio Llamas, men’s basketball
- Abdi Abdirahman, track and field
- Eddie Urbano, wrestling
- Yuliana Rodgers, track and field
- Stacy Iveson, softball coach
- Maureen Murphy, women’s basketball coach
- Rich Alday, baseball coach
- Jim Mielke, cross-country and track and field coach
- Ben Carbajal, head athletics trainer
Teams to be honored:
- 2003-2004 softball, national champions
- 1980 men’s cross-country, national champions
The cost to attend is $45 per person or $400 for a table of 10. For more information, call Jo-Ann Cattaneo at 206-6005.
Women’s basketball hosts signing party
The Pima Community College women’s basketball team will hold a signing party for its incoming freshmen on April 9.
The event will take place at the Arizona Riverpark Inn, 350 South Freeway. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the class will be introduced at 7 p.m. Light snacks and refreshments will be served.
Incoming players include:
- Alicia Jones, Palo Verde HS
- Adrianna Barrientez, Palo Verde HS
- Melody McLaughlin, Mountain View HS
- Mercedes Gillon-Gant, Lowndes HS (Ga.)
- Kendall Hunt, Maryvale HS
- Julia Cooper, Catalina Foothills HS
- Amanda Gamez, St. Gregory’s HS
- Brittany West, Canyon del Oro HS
- Alexa Arndt, Sabino HS