By CHELO GRUBB
The public’s thoughts on the next Pima Community College chancellor are being taken into consideration by executive search firm R.H Perry & Associates.
The firm, which the PCC Board of Governor’s hired in June, will host a series of seven forums Aug. 27- 28 to get a feel for what the public wants from the new chancellor.
The firm wants input on what challenges Pima must address in the next decade, what background the new chancellor should come from and which individuals should be considered for the position.
The PCC Board of Governors will appoint an advisory committee to help give input on candidates for the chancellor position.
The public is welcome to recommended groups and specific individuals to be represented on the committee.
The committee will consist of 25 to 30 people, and will include PCC staff representatives and a student.
Recommendations must be sent to ChancellorSearch@pima.edu by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 28.
Monday, Aug. 27:
- 10-11:30 a.m.: Community Campus, 401 N. Bonita Ave., Room A-109/112
- 1:30-3 p.m.: West Campus, 2202 W. Anklam Road, Building J, Room G-05
- 4-5 p.m.: District Office, 4905 E. Broadway Blvd., Community Board Room, C-105
Tuesday, Aug. 28:
- 10:30 a.m.-noon: Downtown Campus, 1255 N. Stone Ave., Building CC, Amethyst Room
Wednesday, Aug. 29:
- 10:30 a.m.-noon: Desert Vista Campus, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz, Ocotillo Room
- 1-2:30 p.m.: Northwest Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Road, Community Room, Building A, Room 207
- 3:30-5 p.m., East Campus, 8181 E. Irvington Road, Community Room, Building L, Room 101