Compiled by William Brown
Commencement speakers sought
The Graduation Committee for Pima Community College is seeking student speakers for Commencement. Applications must be submitted by March 26.
Commencement will be on May 20 at 7 p.m. at the Tucson Convention Center Arena.
Students must be receiving an associate degree to be eligible to speak.
Applications can be found at any campus Student Services Center or online at pima.edu.
Fax applications to 206-4554 or mail them to:
PCC Office of College Events
4905 E. Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85709-1175
Students named to academic team
Twelve Pima Community College students were named to the 2010 All-Arizona Academic Team for Phi Theta Kappa Society, a national honor society for community college students.
The students were honored Feb. 18 during a ceremony in Mesa.
Each honoree received scholarships from PCC, as well as two-year tuition waivers for any Arizona public university.
The honorees were:
- Joel Baker, West Campus
- Emilie Candeur, Northwest Campus
- Marissa Casillas, Downtown Campus
- Bethany Dever, Northwest Campus
- Oksana Eastman, Community Campus
- John Hernandez, East Campus
- Linda Lyons, Community Campus
- Danielle Mesa, Desert Vista Campus
- Daniel Singer, East Campus
- Randell Snedden, West Campus
- Isaac Tavares, Downtown Campus
- Jennifer Tobias, Desert Vista Campus